Monday, April 23, 2007

Inked?

The other day I caught a glimpse of what my future with my oldest son may hold....We went out to eat with my in-laws and my MIL gave Garrett 50 cents after our meal and I assumed he was going to use it to get gum out of one of those machines they have at the exits of restaurants.....well he came back literally beaming and holding up his prize for all to see.....a tattoo.....yes, a tattoo.....you know those fake kind they put in those machines? Well, this was a Monday night and I made him wait until Thursday morning to put it on since he was leaving that afternoon to go on a Father/Son Canoe trip....I put the thing on his arm and you would have thought it was Christmas morning he was so excited.....


You could tell by the way he was acting that he thought he was the coolest thing ever and I tried my best to be a cool mom and "ooh" and "aah" over his cool tattoo....by the time he left for school his "coolness" level was at an all time high....


When I picked him up that afternoon....he was bursting to tell me what his friends thought of his tattoo....."Mom, my friends loved it!!! Graham said it was "tight.".......Do what? What does that mean? Good? Oh man, I have so much to learn don't I?

4 comments:

Linda said...

tight = Cool. that's it.

My mother sent not one, but TWO packages of "tattoos", 50 per package, to my kids. We tattoo on hands only. And I stay away from the really evil ones...though Scotty generally prefers the cutesy ones (Thank GOD!).

I can pass my "scary" ones on to you......

Unknown said...

LOL Charley -- it does look tight!!!!!!!! Thank goodness they are only temporary huh? And that is one mean looking fake tatoo!!

Danielle Holsapple said...

LOL!!!!! Oh sweetie - "Tight" is just one of many strange words that will enter your vernacular soon!!! I love his face in that photo! Totally priceless!!!!

Dana Tate said...

tight...that is awesome! my parents would never let me get those and I always was bummed, he looks adorable and so happy to have it on.