Sunday, January 20, 2008

Independence, Homework, Basketball, and A Fun Party

Well, January at the Madden house has been busy and fun so far.


Grant is discovering his independence and it has been slowly but surely driving me CRAZY!!! More times than I can count, I walk into the kitchen and this is what I see.....
He pulls a stool up to the cabinets, climbs up, and decides to help himself to whatever appeals to him in my pantry cabinets. When he realizes that I have caught him once again, he turns around and grins...he knows this will make Momma less mad.....

Little stinker....can't help but take pics of him even when he is getting into trouble.

Since entering first grade, Garrett's evenings now include homework....can't believe my boy is doing homework....he is growing up too fast.

He has also started winter basketball. They have been practicing since early January and had their first game on Thursday night. Well, I really couldn't tell how practices were going but boy was I impressed with him during the game. Imagine my surprise when the coach put him at guard and entrusted him to carry the ball down the court every time..... He did sooooo well!!!! He was also a key rebounder and showed some very aggressive play. You will be able to tell from the following photos that he was NOT afraid to fight for the ball.....


Garrett's team won the game. I can't wait until this week's game.


Finally, Friday night Ryan and I got to go out on a real "grown up" date. Ryan served as president of our Chamber of Commerce for the 2007 year. On Friday the Chamber had its annual gala and Ryan presided over the gala and officially turned over his position to the new incoming president.

We enjoyed a speech from Ryan, a wonderful dinner, a sweet dance, and a night to be together without the boys. A huge thanks to my friend, Karissa, for babysitting the boys for me. I had a great time!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hehe Charley - he knows exactly what strings to pull huh? Love the new header and the new name - great pic of yuou2!

Danielle Holsapple said...

Awwww...those boys are growing soooo fast!!!! And I love the new 'do! :)