Saturday, February 10, 2007

Faster Than A Speeding Bullet

Friday night was a special night for us. We celebrated Grant's 3rd Birthday. He requested a Superman Birthday theme since he loved his Superman Halloween Costume. I can't believe that it has been three years. We have been through sooo much with this little toot...the wonder of his birth, a week later a near death experience for him, no sleep for months and months and months(who am I kidding? We still don't sleep.), three surgeries, Dr. visits, reflux....It saddens me that I was so very sleep deprived for most of his first 18 months of life that I don't remember very much. I did take lots of photos and video so that will help and I'm trying to record those memories as quickly as I can before they become lost forever. Despite his early problems, developmentally he was WAY ahead of the curve and I feel that he grew up too quickly....sat ALONE at 4 1/2 months, crawled at 5 1/2 months, pulled up at 61/2 months, cruised at 71/2 months, and took off running at 9 months...talked early too...now, he is a full fledged boy....he potty trained himself in October...just decided to do it and never had an accident...A baby no more....tries desperately to copy and do everything big brother Garrett does and that is VERY scary....jumps off of anything...no matter how tall....ah, but I digress....easy to do when you talk about your kids, don't you think? The party was wonderful....both sets of grandparents, Aunt Leah and cousins Parker and Hannah, and of course Mom, Dad, and Garrett were all in attendance. His favorite part was blowing out the candles...


And of course, opening presents is ALWAYS a big hit around here....

Of course mom, with her ever present camera, was capturing it all...Here is one of my favorite photos of him enjoying a piece of his cake....


I still can't believe that he is three years old...in a way in seems like three hundred years...lol...but I realize that he is growing up sooo very fast....Before I know it he will be thirty instead of three....I love you my little Grant....I hope you enjoyed your Birthday Party. I hope you have a fun year full of playing, loving, and learning. Hugs, and kisses.....Momma.....

Now, to plan for Garrett's party which will be on the 24th.....he will be six years old....and guess what? He wants a skating party....ten six year olds on roller skates?......AAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh charley - it sounds like you all had a great time!!! They do get big so fast -- and can't wait for the skating party stories!! LOL!

Dana Tate said...

oh my...he is soooo cute! Sounds like a great day.